BEST PAPER AWARDS ACE 2013
Best Paper Awards
Prof. Dr. Peter Richter
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Prof. Matt Fajkus
The University of Texas at Austin
Best Student Papers
Bharathi Sria, Saranya,
Navita Rao &
Siddardha Pavan Sai
Acharya Nagarjuna University
CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN
Global Science and Technology Forum
Advances in Architecture and Civil Engineering are the order of the day with the rapid industrialization and urbanization seen in developed and developing nations. Innovative design and construction practices are challenging tasks to the architects and engineers to meet the ever growing demands of society. The conference is the premiere forum for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of Architecture and Civil Engineering. The conference will bring together leading researchers, architects, engineers and scientists in this domain of interest from around the world.
The themes of the conference are:
• Infrastructure Design for Regions in Rapid Development
• Infrastructure Design for New Vertical Cities
• Infrastructure for new Cities and Landscapes
• Design for Urban Infrastructure: Parks, Buildings, Streets and Systems.
|• 3 Keynote Addresses
||Assoc. Prof. Mark S. Anderson will deliver "Drawing on Construction--Architecture and Engineering from the Builder's Perspective
Associate Professor of Architecture
Department of Architecture
College of Environmental Design
University of California, Berkeley
||Dr. Avi Friedman
School of Architecture
McGill University, Canada
Prof. Kay-Uwe Schober will deliver "New Jointing Techniques for Large-Scale Timber Structures"
Mainz University of Applied Sciences
Institute of Innovative Structures
Professor of Timber Engineering and Structural Design
|• 2 Workshops
|1. "Lightweight Construction in Fiber Cement and Steel: Construction Alternatives for Rapidly
Developing Cities" by Assoc. Prof. Mark S. Anderson (University of California, Berkeley) &
Assoc. Prof. Peter Anderson (California College of the Arts)
2. "Innovative Sustainable Homes and Communities
for the 21st Century"
Dr. Avi Friedman
(McGill University, Canada) on 26th March ,2014.
• The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2301-394X, E-Periodical ISSN: 2301-3958) will be indexed by
Ulrichsweb,EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect
Cabell's Directories amongst others,
• Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Future Construction: New Technologies
in Architecture and Civil Engineering Vol. 2" to be published by GSTF. This book will be edited by
Assoc. Prof. Mark S. Anderson, of University of California, Berkeley and Assoc. Prof. Peter Anderson,
of California College of the Arts.
• Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible
research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal of Engineering Technology (JET)
(Print ISSN:2251-3701, E-periodical: 2251-371X) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest
and Cabell's Directories.
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify
for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• ACE 2014 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
• Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the ACE 2014. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific
topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
GSTF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
GSTF is a proud partner of 35 Universities around the globe. For a complete list of GSTF Parnter Universities, please visit http://www.globalstf.org/partner-universities.php
ACE 2014 PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS